The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India launched the ‘Skills Acquisition for Livelihood Promotion’ (SANKALP) programme, which is a World Bank loan assisted project and aligned with the overall objectives of the National Skill Development Mission (NSDM). The project focuses on transforming the overall skilling ecosystem of India covering both Central and State level agencies for improved outcomes.
Skills Acquisition for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) consists of the following four Result Areas (RAs):
- RA1: Institutional Strengthening at the National and State Levels for Planning,
Delivering, and Monitoring;
- RA2: Improved Quality and Market Relevance of Skills Development programs;
- RA3: Improved access to and completion of skills training for female trainees and
other underserviced sections of the society; and
- RA4: Expanding skills training through private-public partnerships (PPPs)
In view of the above, it has been proposed by MSDE under the RA 3 component of SANKALP programme to design and implement innovative skill training pilots for women candidates, that would help them attain gainful employment or enable them to become successful entrepreneurs.
Therefore, to increase the participation of women in skill development initiatives and thereby in the Indian workforce, MSDE is looking for innovative pilot programs for skill training of women, particularly in non-traditional roles that deploy innovative ideas for making skill training and employment thereafter more efficient.
In this regard, MSDE invites Government and Non-Government Organizations, Not-for-profit organizations, Universities/educational institutions, Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and any other legal public and private entity (Consultancy firm, Proprietorship firm, Partnership, LLP, Company, Society, and Trust etc.) to submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) with Concept Note for innovative skill training programs for women, for wage employment or entrepreneurship development as per objectives and requirement elaborated in the document.
The applicants can submit their EOI for ANY of the following categories or ALL based on their experience and competency to manage the project. The requirements are categorized into the following 3 Schedules of requirement:
• Schedule I – Innovative Pilots for Wage Employment
• Schedule II – Innovative Pilots for Sustainable Livelihood/ Entrepreneurship Development
• Schedule III – Innovative Pilots for both Wage Employment and Entrepreneurship Development
URL for Online submission of Tender: https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Last Date for Online Submission of Skills Acquisition for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) EOI: 01-09-2020 till 1500 hours