The Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology is seeking proposals from Indian Institutions for the establishment of Skill Vigyan Centres under DBT Skill Vigyan State Partnership Programme in Life Science and Biotechnology.
Programme Activities: The Department of Biotechnology will provide support for following components under DBT Skill Vigyan State Partnership Programme in Life Science and Biotechnology:
- Students’ Training Programme
- Technician Training Programme
- Refresher Course/Faculty Training Programme
- Entrepreneurship Development Training Programme
- Biotechnology Finishing School Programme
Skill Vigyan Centre: There is no need to create a de-novo new centre, existing facilities in universities/institutes could be suitably modified and strengthened to act as a Skill Vigyan Centre. This centre will be expected to impart the quality skill training and enhance the job opportunities in Life Science and Biotechnology sectors.
Who can apply?
- University, Training Institute, Research Institute, State Councils/Organizations with proven track record of conducting teaching/ training programmes in Biotechnology.
- The programme implementing University, Training Institute, Research Institute and State Councils/Organization should have requisite networking and linkages with other academic and research institutions to take advantage of existing expertise.
- The institution should be eligible for receiving Government funds/grants. Evidence of successful (technical and financial) implementation of minimum two projects funded by any Government agency.
How to Apply?
Interested institutions/agencies/organizations should submit the proposal in prescribed format to State Nodal Officer, State Science and Technology Council of respective State on or before 30th July, 2020. The State Nodal Officer will submit the consolidated proposal on or before 30th August, 2020 to Dr. Manoj Singh Rohilla, Scientist-‘E’ Email: [email protected], Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Block-2, Room No. 613, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110 003. Please also visit the DBT website www.dbtindia.nic.in for complete information and format for submission of proposal under link ‘LatestAnnouncements’.
To Download Application Form CLICK HERE